This is probably one of those things that isn’t exactly the right thing to do, but it has helped us out on several occasions.
For some reason, there is this one guy on this one workstation working on this one project (it actually happens on two projects, I just didn’t want to kill the narrative!) and every couple weeks he gets a warning that the Central File is missing. The warning says: “Central Model cannot be found” etc etc etc.
The funny thing is, the model IS RIGHT THERE! We follow the path that the error gives us and it’s sitting right there on the server. We copy a new local file and still get the error. Other folks can access the model fine. Just some bizarre combination of this guy and these models.
We used to have to take his local file and save it as the new central, and then all was happy! That took some time, and had the potential of losing other people’s work. Not a great plan.
We lucked across this little trick. We got everyone else to sync and get out of the model. Then, in the central file’s backup folder, we hunted down the SLOG file… and deleted it.
And that works. He opens his local file and all is right in the world. Everyone else hops in and all is still well. Revit generates a new SLOG file and people can get work done. And the best part is, he can do this on his own. He doesn’t have to wait for me to get up from my nap! I mean, out of my important meeting!
Like I said above, this is probably not sanctioned by Adesk. It is definitely a “try at your own risk” solution, but it worked for us so I thought I would put it out here in case it can work for you as well.